In the early years of World War 1, leftists in the US tried to keep the United States out of the war in Europe. Over a 100 years ago, a rally was held in the Harlem Casino – between 1st and 2nd Avenues and 126 and 127th Streets.
This location, where the abandoned MTA bus depot is, hosted noted leftist Emma Goldman, whose offices (where she was arrested and forcibly deported from) was located on East 125th Street, near the current site of the Harlem Children’s Zone.
See more on the casino, here:
Coffee With Your Congressman
Congressman Adriano Espaillat (NY-13) will be hosting a series of meet and greet opportunities for constituents across the district.
Joined by Councilwoman Carmen De La Rosa, Rep. Espaillat is holding these informal events to allow residents to discuss their concerns and share ideas on how to make improvements throughout New York’s 13th congressional district.
* May 14th: Northend Restaurant, 4300 Broadway, Washington Heights (across 34Pct.)
* May 21th: Buunni Coffee, 213 Pinehurst Ave, New York, NY 10033 (187th Street)
* May 28th: Taszo Coffee, 5 Edward M Morgan Pl, New York, NY 10032 (157th Street)
* June 18th: Bunnii Coffee, 4961 Broadway, New York, NY 10034
* June 25th: Lido Café, 2168 Frederick Douglass Blvd (117th Street)
All events are public and residents are required to RSVP prior to attendance by emailing [email protected] or calling 212-497-5959.
Chipotle on 116 Street East
Plans are underway to protest a Chipotle at 116/Lexington at the CB11 Community Board