Check your registration here:
or register if you’re not yet.
Environmental Justice Conference
On May 25, Cristina Contreras, CEO of Metropolitan Hospital and District Leader Will Smith will open an exciting Environmental Justice Conference at Metropolitan Hospital
Morning Session: 10 am – noon
The order of presenters:
- Steve Chiu, Representative to the UN
- Ameesha Mehta-Sampath, EPA
- Tyisha Smalls, We Act
- Kyle Jeremiah, Energy Vision
- Dr. Pellicone, Chief Medical Officer, NYC Health + Hospital
Lunch Break: Noon until 1 pm
[Congressman Adriano Espaillat. Representative Jose Serrano and Councilman Diana Ayala will be in attendance – they may give a talk in the auditorium between 12:30 and 1]
Afternoon Session: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Tomi Vest, General Counsel to Manhattan Borough President
- James C. Lendemer, Lichenologist at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Narendra Paramanand, Analyst, NYC Parks
- Iris Rodriguez-Rosa, First Deputy Commissioner at NYC Parks and Rec.
- Jean Kim, Executive Director of the East River Esplanade
HNBA Meeting Tonight!
Hello Harlem Neighbors,
TONIGHT at 7:00 PM HNBA will meet on Zoom with an exciting and packed agenda.
The meeting will start off with a presentation from neighbors in the 2041/5th HDFC Co-Op (5th Avenue at 126th Street) who are planning a second annual family and community block party to celebrate the children in East Harlem on 8/12/23. Lionel will answer any questions you have about the block party and hopefully encourage you to get involved.
Shawn Hill will then present on new data regarding NYC’s Shelter Distribution
To be followed by Travon Butler, who’ll tell us more about the upcoming Participatory Budgeting project that his office – Civic Engagement.NYC – is promoting.
Our District Leader for the 68th Assembly District – Sharase DeBouse – will provide a community update.
And we’ll conclude with a brief presentation from NYC’s Rat Academy representative, Martha Vernazza, Community Coordinator for Rats (what a job title…) on upcoming Rat Academies for Manhattan Community Boards 9, 10, and 11 residents.
See you on Zoom TODAY at 7:00 PM:
Meeting ID: 858 0978 4042