The last 25th Precinct’s Community Council for the year will be held on:
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Located at the 25th Precinct 120 East 119th Street, New York, NY 10035
This meeting maybe a little longer than usual as we will have a special guest presenter. We will also have treats again for you so please RSVP to let us know your intentions for attendance. If you would be so kind to fill out the link below to help us manage attendance.
It is the Christmas Holiday so if you would like to donate new, unwrapped toys for ages 0-13 we would greatly appreciate it.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Take Steps to Prevent or Manage Diabetes
Approximately 2 million people in New York now have diabetes. Many more have prediabetes and do not know. Prediabetes means your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be in the diabetic range.
Get a blood sugar and A1C test at a NYC Health + Hospitals location
Are you concerned that you might have diabetes? Talk to your primary care doctor about getting tested for diabetes. You can schedule an appointment with your primary care provider using your MyChart account or calling 1-844-692-4692.
You can prevent Type 2 diabetes by eating a healthy diet and getting a lot of exercise.
Uncontrolled diabetes can cause:
|Kidney disease||Heart disease|
|Eye problems and blindness||Early death|
Let us help you manage your diabetes
- Schedule regular visits with your primary care provider. You can visit your provider in person, or speak to them over the telephone or video chat. Call 1-844-692-4692 or make an appointment using MyChart. Learn more about telehealth.
- Use MyChart to record your blood sugar levels. Ask your health care team to show you how. This is a great way for you and your health care team to manage your diabetes together.
- Contact your primary care doctor if you need a blood sugar meter (glucometer) or blood sugar test strips.
- Our specially-trained pharmacists will work closely with you to identify the best diabetes medications that suits you.
- Get your annual eye-screening. Learn more about eye complications
- Get your annual foot exam. Learn more about foot complications
- Call 1-844-692-4692 to get connected with your health care team.
Paying for your health care
NYC Health + Hospitals takes care of all New Yorkers regardless of their ability to pay or immigration status.
- No health insurance? We can help you enroll in an affordable insurance plan.
- If you do not qualify for health insurance, we can help you become a member of NYC Care. NYC Care is a health care access program that works like health insurance. Learn more
- Call 1-844-692-4692 to learn more.
Your diet is an important part of taking care of your diabetes. Having trouble paying for food?